Student Pastor Full Time
Stevens Street Baptist ChurchActive
Stevens Street Baptist Church is seeking to add a Student Pastor. The Student Pastor will lead, oversee, and advance the ministries of Stevens Street Baptist Church to middle school students (7th and 8th grades) and high school students. His task will be to infuse the Gospel into all student ministry activities so that students will be saved, discipled, and developed as mature believers who live on mission. In addition, he will effectively connect and minister to parents of students as well as make sufficient use of adult leaders to assist him with ministries to students.
- Meet all qualifications of 1 Timothy 3:1-7 & Titus 1:6-9 and have a clear call to vocational ministry.
- Possess a clear conviction that all God’s people are to make disciples and seek to fulfill the Great Commission.
- Possess strong leadership qualities.
- Ability to motivate, train, and disciple new believers and potential leaders.
- Strong administrative, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Sufficient ministry experience in student ministry.
- Be in agreement with the Baptist Faith and Message 2000.
- Seminary degree preferred.
Duties and Expectations
- Develop and provide diverse and creative ministries for students in 7th-12th grade. This could include but is not limited to worship services, Bible studies, camps, conferences and retreats, discipleship groups, mission opportunities and outreach events.
- Be involved in the personal lives of people by visiting with students and parents, attending school events, ministering in crisis situations, etc.
- Foster and encourage open communication with parents/guardians and with students by any means necessary including, but not limited to, social media, phone calls, letters, meetings, etc.
- Assure proper care of student ministry facilities and resources.
- Maintain a well-planned, carefully balanced program of studies and activities that always focuses on Biblical teaching and disciple-making.
- Foster and teach a welcoming atmosphere within student ministries.
- Train and equip students, parents, and adult leaders to serve the church, serve one another, and serve the world.
- Train and equip students, parents, and adult leaders to share the Gospel.
- Model and encourage people to participate in global missions.
- Regularly lead and/or participate in local, domestic and global mission projects.
- Attend staff meetings and staff retreats, contributing to the formation of vision and strategy of the entire church.
- Lead the church by example and cooperate with all other pastors in fulfilling church objectives.
- Attend regularly scheduled church services and activities.
- Maintain a humble spirit and commitment to teamwork with other pastors, staff, and church members.
- Conduct weddings, funeral services, and counseling as needed.
- Set the example through tithing and encouragement of Christian stewardship.
- Represent the church in a positive way with the community.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Encourage other pastors and staff members in their spiritual development.
- Perform any other task as assigned by the Senior Pastor or Executive Pastor.
Please submit cover letter, resume and photo.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org