Associate Pastor Full Time
Stevensburg Baptist ChurchActive
The Associate Pastor position has primary focus on youth and young adult ministry. While other duties commensurate with an associate pastor role are also envisioned, the congregation desires to see growth in the two areas of young adult and youth ministry. The church’s mission statement is “to be a beacon of God’s love, biblically based, Christ centered, family oriented, and mission focused.” Our desire is to seek a young man to fill this associate pastor position, and for him to realize God’s blessing through obedience in ministry. The position is a full-time position. Candidates who are currently bi-vocational will be considered but the expectation is the candidate will serve full-time with limited bi-vocational service allowed. The Associate Pastor position will assume leadership in the ministry to young adult families and youth. The position reports to the senior pastor. The roles and responsibilities are generally aligned with the execution of a broad range of ministry duties to the young adults, the youth, and their families. Our desire as a congregation is to see our young adults and youth grow in Christlikeness and develop into faithful believers. The evangelistic element of the role is focused on reaching other families and youth in the greater Culpeper area for Christ. The Associate Pastor will be expected to play a leadership role in our mission service as well. We are eager to welcome a young man into this role and see him realize God’s blessing on his life through ministry service. The minimal requirements for the position include:
- The candidate must be a believer in faithful service and standing, and be able to have others affirm his personal holiness and alignment with the biblical requirements of an elder as found in the pastoral epistles of Paul. The candidate must be male.
- The candidate should be a graduate of one of the six Southern Baptist seminaries with a Master of Divinity (MDiv) or a Master of Theology (ThM) degree. Graduates of another seminary will be considered, but because of Stevensburg’s alignment with Southern Baptist ecclesiology, an SBC seminary graduate is preferred. A degree other than Master of Divinity or Master of Theology may be considered.
- The candidate must have a minimum of 1 year of ministry experience serving in a local church, preferably a conservative SBC church. Candidates currently serving in a North American or International mission placement role will also be considered.
- Theologically, the candidate must affirm the 2000 Baptist Faith & Message, the London Baptist Confession of Faith of 1689, and the 1978 Chicago Statement on Inerrancy.
- The compensation will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience but will range anywhere from 25K to 55K per year. A parsonage is also a potential component of the compensation package.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com