Pastor Part Time
Taylorsville Baptist ChurchActive
Taylorsville Baptist Church in Taylorsville, GA is seeking a man of God to fulfill the responsibilities and duties of Pastor for our church. This position is for a bi-vocational pastor who will lead our church on Sundays and Wednesdays; engage in pastoral care ministries; provide leadership and proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The church is in a small Northwest Georgia town with a 5-mile radius population of 8,025 and median age of 37.9.
The Pastor position is specifically responsible for establishing the vision and general direction of the Church. He oversees the teaching of the Word of God and is charged to preserve our Articles of Faith. He oversees the general ministry of the Church, protects the overall welfare of the Church, and is responsible for leading the Church.
The Lead Pastor’s specific responsibilities are to:
- Faithfully preach and teach the Word of God on a weekly (and as-needed) basis to encourage, exhort, and equip the church for ministry.
- Oversee the overall direction and focus of the church ministry.
- Provide the necessary vision and leadership to accomplish the Great Commission in our community and world.
- Provide appropriate pastoral care through hospital visitation, home visitation, and counseling for members who are sick, bereaved, and/or otherwise in crisis.
- Model a desire to see people come to know Christ and to be trained up to follow Him as obedient disciples.
- Perform church ordinances, funerals, and weddings, as necessary.
- Lead the church to involvement in the community and with local churches.
- Encourage the church in personal evangelism by example and training.
- Moderate business meetings.
- Participate in regular staff meetings to facilitate coordination, support, and unity.
- Coordinate with the deacons to provide for the needs of the congregation.
- Ability to relate to and interact with youth is essential.
- Perform other duties related to the ministry as needed.
- A Christian man with a clear calling to be a Lead Pastor and to preach the Word.
- Must meet all biblical qualifications detailed in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
- Must believe the Bible is inerrant, infallible, and authoritative.
- Must fully ascribe to our Articles of Faith Constitution and By-Laws 2016 – Taylorsville Baptist Church and the Baptist Faith and Message 2000.
- Be committed to the Great Commission (both local and globally).
- Be an effective communicator through preaching, vision, and personal connections.
- Must display vision and leadership by personal example and encouragement.
- Be active in personal evangelism, outreach, and involvement in the local community.
- Have a genuine love for people that is evident in his daily life.
- If married, his wife must be supportive of his calling and an active church member.
Interested candidates should submit a resume (which includes a brief description of your testimony, family, call to ministry, ministry experience, and ministry philosophy) to one of the following addresses:
E-mail (preferred): [email protected]
Taylorsville Baptist Church
Attn: Pastoral Search Team
PO Box 220
Taylorsville, GA 30178
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org