Senior Pastor Full Time
Established Baptist church in Nineveh, Indiana is seeking a dynamic full time Senior Pastor to continue the Lord’s work begun by our retiring Pastor of 14 years.
Senior Pastor Job Description
The Senior Pastor is responsible to the church to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ, to teach Biblical revelation, and to engage in Pastoral care. In addition, he is to provide leadership in all areas of church life in meeting with the qualifications of 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9. The Pastor should preach and teach in accordance with the Southern Baptist Faith and Message 2000 doctrinal statement and supporting Statement of Faith of The Crossing Church.
· Engage, equip and empower the people of the church through example, preaching, and teaching God’s Word and spiritual counseling
· Deliver challenging and stimulating sermons which are biblically based on sound doctrine.
· Encourage the congregation in personal evangelism and witnessing
· Encourage the congregation in ministering to the needs of members as well as non-members
· Disciple the congregation through Bible study and mentorship.
· Provide full-time administrative leadership
· Provide guidance and oversight to various teams: The Senior Pastor is ex officio member of all church teams
· Organize and inspire our congregation in developing a solid foundation and Biblical Worldview
· Maintain office hours available to congregation members
· Orientate The Crossing Church with a team mindset to carry out specific functions of church vision, evangelism, discipleship, ministry, fellowship and worship
· Lead the congregation in planning, conducting, and evaluating all the church’s ministries
· Develop and oversee Deacons to accomplish their responsibilities as leaders, mentors and caregivers
· Lead and observe the ordinances of the church: baptism and The Lord’s Supper.
· Attend church council meetings providing updates on church activities, plans and team contribution to the overall ministry goals
· Delegate pastoral care duties amongst the pastoral staff and Deacons as deemed appropriate
· Reach out to prospective members, shut ins and inactive members of the church
· Involve couples in pre-marriage counseling and perform wedding ceremonies and funerals as a shared responsibility of the pastoral staff
· Be present for the congregation in times of celebration, grief, or spiritual needs. Guide and comfort people through issues of anxiety, doubt, and confusion. Extend care to individuals and families who are homebound, hospitalized, or in crisis.
· Involve individuals who are called in a pre-baptismal / new members class orientation process
· Organize mentorship programs to come along side new Christians
In addition please provide the following:
1. Cover Letter
3. Statement of Faith
4. Short Biography
Estimate compensation is $65,000-$70,000 annually with insurance allowance included
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org