Communications Coordinator/Manager/Director Full Time
The Orchard ChurchActive
The Orchard Church
205 West Brook Drive Waynesville NC 28786
Come join our amazing team working in the Western NC mountains. Our dynamic and growing church is looking to fill the role of a full-time Communications Coordinator/Manager/Director. We are a 3 year old church that has seen the Lord do an incredible work. We launched with just over 130 people and now have on average between 600-700 people attending. Our Vision is “we are a people united, embracing the work of the Holy Spirit, striving to see lives transformed in our community, region, nation, and world”. Our mission is to be the church to the community. We are a multi-generational church that desires to reach our community with the gospel of Jesus Christ. If you are interested in learning more please reach out to us at [email protected]. We will be accepting applications through March 4th 2024.
Communications Coordinator/Manager/Director (title depends on experience)
Purpose of the Position
The function of the Communication Director is to oversee all communications involving the Church including but not limited to the development and implementation of all communication strategies, branding, social media, graphics, and videos.
- Proactively develop strategies to clarify and communicate the weekly messaging of the church, in partnership with leadership and ministry leaders.
- Work in tandem with all staff and ministry leaders to create consistency in messaging and branding.
- Develop systems to organize, prioritize, and communicate promotional items related to The Orchard Church.
- Oversee all print and digital materials related to promotions, ensuring they are executed with excellence.
- Lead all efforts related to the creation, strategy, and execution of The Orchard Church’s digital and social media channels.
- Oversee social media messaging and communication strategies.
- Lead messaging and strategy for social media advertising campaigns.
- Design and create all graphics, art, videos, and promotional materials related to church-wide activities with a high standard of creativity, excellence and effectiveness.
- Enlist, equip, and encourage qualified volunteer teams and interns to accomplish communications goals.
- Oversee and maintain the Church’s website.
- Create and manage the Church’s weekly email newsletter.
- Create and manage the Church’s quarterly print newsletter.
- Capture “the story” via photo and video content
- Editing and producing videos for church use
Other Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain the communications department budget.
- Other duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor.
Qualifications & Skills
- A heart for the local church, a growing relationship with Jesus Christ and a passion to use communications to reach others.
- Degree in communications, media, or related field, or at least 2-4 years’ experience in communications.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite programs, such as Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator, and Premiere, or ability to oversee deliverables from equivalent program.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency with communications technologies.
- Understanding of copywriting, graphic design, layout, and publishing.
- Familiarity with social media platforms and social media marketing.
- Experience with search engine marketing, Google Analytics, and Google AdWords.
- Impeccable copywriting and copy-editing abilities.
- Strong leadership track record.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to take projects from beginning to end.
- Organized and able to manage multiple projects.
- Action-oriented and displays focus, passion and initiative. Takes appropriate action when something needs to be done.
- Relates well to all kinds of people, builds effective relationships, communicates effectively both interpersonally and corporately.
- Organized, creative thinker and highly productive, working in a fast-paced environment.
- Committed to improvement, seeks constructive criticism, understands strengths and weaknesses.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking for a job with a Southern Baptist church?
Enter your information to be notified as new jobs are posted.