Executive Assistant Full Time
The Orchard ChurchActive
The Orchard Church
205 West Brook Drive Waynesville NC 28786
Come join our amazing team working in the Western NC mountains. Our dynamic and growing church is looking to fill the role of a full-time Executive Assistant. We are a 3 year old church that has seen the Lord do an incredible work. We launched with just over 130 people and now have on average between 600-700 people attending. On average our student ministry (6th-12th grade) has 50 students and is growing. Our Vision is “we are a people united, embracing the work of the Holy Spirit, striving to see lives transformed in our community, region, nation, and world”. Our mission is to be the church to the community. We are a multi-generational church that desires to reach our community with the gospel of Jesus Christ. If you are interested in learning more please reach out to us at [email protected]. We will be accepting applications through March 4th 2024.
Purpose of the Position
The Executive Assistant for the Lead Pastor will provide administrative support for the ministry by organizing and coordinating ministry communications and resources for the entire ministry team, staff and The Orchard Church members. This person will directly support the Lead Pastor in day to day operations connected to the Lead Pastor’s position. This person will also act as a general support person for the executive team and the whole staff when appropriate and as assigned by the Lead Pastor.
- Provides administrative support through meetings and coordinating ministry team agendas.
- Coordinate and support the ministries by organizing schedules and preparation of resources.
- Manage Church Management Software through attendance, membership, and informational database(s).
- Assist Campus Leader in financial, attendance, calendar, communication related tasks.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the purchasing and organization of ministry supplies, materials and equipment.
- Manage and answer phone systems for the Church.
- Organize venues in the church for special studies, prayer groups, auditions and worship.
Recruit, mobilize, and utilize office volunteers.
- Coordinate scheduling and items needed for baptism with candidates and staff.
- Coordinate cost effective travel arrangements and prepare itineraries for mission trips and/or ministry department needs.
- Administer and maintain church guest, prospect, and membership information using the Planning Center database in order to report to the Lead Pastor.
- Complete financial forms as requested by Lead Pastor including but not limited to monthly credit card reconciliation, check requests, and other accounts.
- Organize and maintain The Orchard Church’s shared file drive.
- Prepare and maintain attendance reports and graphs.
- Facilitate and give reminders for the Lead Pastors calendar.
- Booking flights, hotels, and other general reservations and registrations.
- Actively involved in a local church and available for ministry activities at The Orchard Church which may include a Wednesday evening and/or Sunday evening service.
- Maintain wise stewardship of all God’s resources that He has given you.
- Other duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in ministry preferred.
- Evidence of moral character and a lifestyle that is consistent with that of The Orchard Church Constitution, Bylaws and Statement of Faith.
- Computer proficient in Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, Apple products, and Google Office Suite.
- Experience with Planning Center database management preferred.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Looking for a job with a Southern Baptist church?
Enter your information to be notified as new jobs are posted.