Senior Pastor Full Time
Union Baptist Church - Vallejo, CA.
128 Encerti Avenue, Vallejo, CA
Thank you for your interest in the Union Baptist Church (UBC) of Vallejo, California Senior Pastor position. Please review the complete job announcement and job description before submitting your online application along with the documents requested.
In His Service,
The UBC Pastoral Search Committee
Table of Contents
- Church Profile
- Job Description
- Duties and Responsibilities
- Other Key Duties
- Candidates Must Possess the Following Qualifications
- For Full Consideration, Candidates Must Submit the Following with Their Application
- Compensation and Benefits
- Senior Pastor Online Job Application
Our UBC family is praying for a new Senior Pastor, whom we believe God has already set aside for this leadership position. The Senior Pastor will be a visionary leader, have a heart for the people, reach the next generation and seek to develop authentic relationships.
The Senior Pastor will be approachable and be excited about building relationships in which people are connected, making disciples, intentional evangelism, and meeting our multi-ethnic and multi-generational community’s needs through ongoing ministry and outreach events.
Click here to view our Church Profile, which provides an overview of our church, its membership, culture, and activities.
If you are interested in joining our congregation, prayerfully review the job description below, which lists the principal functions, responsibilities, job duties, and qualifications of the Senior Pastor position.
UBC is seeking a full-time Senior Pastor who is committed to the inerrancy and authority of the Holy Bible. The Senior Pastor must meet the requirements found in I Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9 and be committed to continual growth in his relationship with Jesus and his fellow believers. The Senior Pastor must accept the Holy Bible as the sole authority for faith, support and apply the Articles of Faith, Church Covenant, and the Principles of Ministry. The Senior Pastor must have a willingness to also abide by the (or the spirit of the) UBC Constitution and Bylaws. The Senior Pastor will be an effective oral and written communicator and active listener with exceptional problem-solving and conflict resolution skills. The Senior Pastor shall be a tither of his income.
The Senior Pastor is responsible for the overall leadership and spiritual welfare of the church toward the accomplishment of the church’s vision and mission. Relying on the guidance of the Holy Spirit, the Senior Pastor will support the church’s mission by providing spiritual leadership for the congregation, church staff, and community.
The Senior Pastor, led by God, will lead, grow and build the church, its members, and God’s Kingdom in our community in a new season of ministry. The Senior Pastor will oversee all ministry areas with the support of church staff and ministry leaders.
The Senior Pastor must be committed to continually developing his skills through leadership training, so that he can equip and encourage our spiritual leaders to join him in serving the congregation and the community through evangelism. The Senior Pastor will provide the church with tools for spiritual development and be responsible for leading the church to function as a healthy church.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Organize the Pulpit and the Order of Church Service and church-sponsored activities.
2. Perform the Church Ordinances (Baptism and Communion) and other pastoral duties including Marriage and Funeral services.
2. Supervise the Associate Ministers.
3. Shall maintain a health spiritual climate within the church body collaboratively with the Board of Deacons/Deaconess Ministry.
4. Shall support and work with the committees and boards of the Church.
5. Must adhere to strict standards of confidentiality.
6. Maintain the church’s financial stability by working with the Board of Deacons, Board of Trustees, General Treasurer, and Financial Secretary.
7. Be the ex-officio member of all committees and boards.
8. Ensure that the Holy Bible teaching (Sunday School, Bible Study, Vacation Bible School) and Prayer Meeting are primary functions in the church.
9. Perform all responsibilities with a spirit of Christian love and humility (1 Corinthians 13:1-8, Ephesians 4:2, Philippians 2:5-8 and Titus 3:2).
10. Other conditions of employment are contained in the Pastor’s employment contract.
Other Key Duties
– Prayer, Counseling and Encouraging
– Staff Development and Supervision
– Strategic Planning and Growth
– Community Outreach
– Church Business Administration
– Heart for reaching the next generation by promoting the development/sustainment of a Children/Youth and Young Adult ministry
– Support a strong sick and shut in ministry
– Community Outreach/Evangelism
Candidates Must Possess the Following Qualifications
1. A minimum of a Master of Divinity from an accredited college/seminary.
2. Evidence of license/ordination as a Baptist Pastor/Minister and become a member of UBC.
3. A minimum of 5 years as a Full-time Senior Pastor with applicable references.
4. Demonstrated ability to effectively preach and teach God’s Word.
5. Proven experience with, and a commitment toward community outreach.
6. Prefer male and married.
7. Prefer residence within the local commuting area (30 miles or 30 minutes from UBC) to be able to be on-site throughout the week.
Full Consideration, Candidates Must Submit the Following with Their Application
1. A completed application, current résumé, degree certificate and ordination document.
2. Three references who can very title, time in position, specific duties, outcomes, and character.
3. A personal testimony of how you came to Christ.
4. Samples of most recent social media posts and sermons that demonstrate your communication skills.
5. A brief description of community outreach events, both directly and through ministry teams.
Compensation and Benefits
Annual salary based upon qualifications and experience.
Senior Pastor Online Job Application
Click here to complete and submit your application.
If you have any questions, please send an email to the [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to UBCSearchCommittee@unionbaptistofvallejo.org
Looking for a job with a Southern Baptist church?
Enter your information to be notified as new jobs are posted.