fbpx
« back to job search results

Associate Pastor/Worship Full Time


Waypoint Baptist Church

Cumming, GA (Remote)

http://www.waypoint.live

Active

Waypoint Baptist Church

Job Title: Worship Pastor

Reports To: Lead Pastor

Job Overview: 

The Worship Pastor, a professing Christ-follower with a pastoral heart who is in full agreement with Waypoint Baptist Church’s Statement of Faith, is responsible for the oversight and leadership of the Worship Ministry of Waypoint and for the discipleship, training, and equipping of those involved her Worship Ministry as it pertains to their service therein.

Character Traits

  • Meets the Character Qualifications of an Elder – 1 Timothy 3:1-7
  • Is a True Worshiper of Jesus – John 4:23
  • Displays the Fruit of The Spirit – Galatians 5:22-23
  • Is Growing In His Faith – 1 Thessalonians 4:3
  • Is a Student of God’s Word – 2 Timothy 2:15, Psalm 119:11, 105, 130
  • Seeks to Obey the Great Commandment – Matthew 22:36-40
  • Is a Disciple-Maker – Matthew 28:18-20, 2 Timothy 2:2
  • Has a Biblical Ministry Philosophy – Ephesians 4:11-13
  • Has a Pastor’s Heart – Romans 1:16, 1 Corinthians 4:1-2, 1 Thessalonians 2:5-8, 2 Corinthians 1:12-14
  • Submits to Authority – Romans 13:1-7, Hebrews 13:17

Specific Responsibilities and Duties:

  • In coordination with the Lead Pastor, oversee the planning, preparation and leadership in worship services and special events as it pertains to music, arts, and media.
  • Develop and manage a comprehensive worship, music, and media ministry program for all demographics of the church.
  • Develop an annual ministry plan for all areas of responsibility supporting the objectives of the church.
  • Minister to the members of the Worship Ministry while planning, practicing and organizing the Worship Service.
  • Ensure the highest possible quality music, sound and lighting in all services while understanding the power to move others to worship comes from The Spirit and the Word of God.
  • Coordinate and develop music and on-screen presentations for church funerals and weddings and participate if necessary.
  • Under the supervision and direction of the Lead Pastor, elders, and finance team, set and adhere to an annual Worship Ministry budget in order to make disciples.
  • Keep up to date with current worship and technology trends.
  • Engage the community and schools for the purpose of growing the Worship Ministry.
  • Supervise the Tech and Communications Ministry:
  • Oversee the preparation of all on-screen presentations, worship songs, sermon points, and announcements etc…
  • Ensure all tech equipment is operational and appropriately utilized.
  • Coordinate and schedule necessary personnel to cover events requiring audio, visual and lighting.
  • Oversee the streaming of worship services and special events.
  • Ensure online media is up to date regarding ministries, schedules, and activities.
  • Any and all other duties assigned by the Lead Pastor.

Personal Responsibilities:

  • Maintain a vital and growing personal walk with the Lord through committed Bible study, prayer and biblical community.
  • Develop personal evangelism opportunities within and outside the church.
  • Financially support the work of the ministries of the church by faithfully giving at least 10% of your gross income and exercising wise stewardship over the remaining 90%.
  • Annually set and pursue Christ-centered goals for himself, his family and the Worship Ministry of Waypoint.
  • Continue personal development by attending annual training events.

Minimum Qualifications:

  • A calling to vocational Gospel ministry.
  • Experience leading a worship team and worship service.
  • Ability to sing and lead the praise team along with the worship band.
  • Computer skills appropriate to the position.

To apply for this job email your details to ericdill@waypoint.live


Looking for a job with a Southern Baptist church?

Enter your information to be notified as new jobs are posted.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.