Pastor of Spiritual Formations Full Time
2424 N. Main Street, Webb City, MO 64870
Wellspring Church, located in Webb City, Missouri, is seeking qualified candidates for a new, full-time position of Pastor of Spiritual Formation (Connections/Discipleship).
The Pastor of Spiritual Formation will be responsible for organizing and directing the church’s efforts in guiding people to the next step of their faith. This pastor will help people find their place in the body of Christ at Wellspring Church. The position also requires that this individual be focused on training a team of church members to assist in the ministry and serve in his absence.
– Review and assess current Small Groups and other discipleship ministries of the church.
– Revise, recast as needed and administer the ministries.
– Collaborate, plan, and implement strategies that help accomplish the vision and mission of Small Groups.
– Create promotional materials and methods that ensure churchwide understanding of the Small – Groups ministry, its purposes and importance, and how to get connected.
– Identify, develop and oversee Small Group leaders through recruitment, regular communication, prayer, encouragement and personal development.
– Serve as the definitive end point for complex and challenging Small Group issues.
– Ensure periodic evaluations of all Small Groups and leaders in collaboration with such leaders, including decisions about group continuation, division and expansion.
– Maintain accurate records of follow-up efforts through the church database system.
– Help design and oversee effective strategies for visitor follow-up.
– Facilitate assimilation of visitors and new members into the life of the church, particularly the – Small Groups ministry, with direct in-person outreach efforts.
– Recruit volunteers for Sunday morning ministry teams (Welcome Team, etc.).
– Recruit, develop and maintain mid-week adult discipleship programs and participation.
– Partner with other staff members to enhance spiritual formation.
– Preach on Sunday mornings periodically throughout the year.
– Provide ministry support to the Senior Pastor, including hospital visitation, wedding and funeral officiation.
– Attend and participate in all regular church worship services and activities.
– Perform additional responsibilities as assigned by the Senior Pastor and/or Elders.
A clear ministry calling to this position is essential. Qualified candidates must:
– Meet the biblical requirements for the office of elder.
– Be ordained or willing to be ordained.
– Be licensed or willing to be licensed.
– Have prior relevant ministry and/or lay experience.
– Have a satisfactory background and financial history.
The position offers a competitive compensation package including health care and cell phone allowances. This summary is not comprehensive, but it is designed to provide an idea of what the church and the position are about. If this ministry opportunity is consistent with your calling, abilities and vision please provide a resume and salary requirements to:
Tom Noland and Nate Morris
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking for a job with a Southern Baptist church?
Enter your information to be notified as new jobs are posted.