Lead Pastor Full Time
Position Snapshot//Job Overview
The Lead Pastor leads and supports the mission of Westwind through shepherding the body (prayer, care & preaching/
teaching), casting and leading vision (strategy of mission), and setting the pace for healthy culture with elders and staff. For
them a “job well done” is measured by the fruit of a unified elder and staff team, growth in vision, and a spiritually growing
church body and reach into the community.
//Roles and Responsibilities//
• Function as the Chairman of the Elder Board
• Plan and lead weekly Elder meetings
Values, Mission, Vision
• Consistently communicate vision with Elders, staff, Owners, and congregation.
• Partner with Pastoral staff to regularly evaluate ministries in light of mission, core values and vision strategies.
• Oversee the development of and engage in implementation of action plans to aggressively pursue mission, values, and vision.
• Cast vision, develop, manage and lead assigned church ministry areas
• Manage budget for overall church-wide stewardship and assigned ministry areas
• Manage and develop leaders in assigned ministry areas
Mentor and Oversee the Ministry Assistant of the Lead Pastor
• Partner with the Ministry Assistant to achieve goals and ministry initiatives.
• Clearly communicate the vision of the Lead Pastors office.
• Invest time, skills and training for the Ministry Assistant.
• Delegate clerical, administrative tasks and research to the Ministry Assistant.
• Perform annual review.
Mentor and Oversee the Pastoral Staff
• Partner with the Pastoral staff to achieve goals and ministry initiatives.
• Meet weekly to communicate current and long-term goals and delegate action plans and tasks to Pastoral Staff.
• Invest time, skills and training in the Pastoral Staff.
• Assign special projects and follow-up items to Pastoral Staff.
• Partner with Pastoral Staff for the oversight of church staff, excluding the Lead Pastor’s Ministry Assistant.
• Perform annual reviews.
Engage with Ministry Staff
• Weekly Staff meeting for prayer, communication of vision and ministry updates.
• Available for personnel interaction for equipping staff as needed without interference in oversight responsibilities.
• Partner with Pastoral Staff in the development of ministry and support staff
• Lead development and vision for preaching including series focus, preparation and scheduling
• Preach approximately 75% of annual schedule
• Development of other preachers/teachers through staff and elders to supplement annual schedule and hold to a value of multiple
• Lead development and vision for equipping courses for lay leadership and church body
//Spiritual/Personal Life Expectations//
• Consistent engagement with Biblical disciplines for spiritual growth.
• Exemplify a life of prayer personally and on behalf of church family, staff and
• Regular accountability to spouse and an accountability partner/team.
• Intentional pursuit of moral and ethical purity.
• Member of a Life Group.
• Leading the way of generosity with time, talents, treasure and touch.
• Education preferred: Graduate level degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience (typically 5+
• 5+ years of senior leadership experience
• Strong teaching and communication skills both verbal and written
• Must be highly creative, organized, and administrative
• Knowledge in problem solving and conflict resolution techniques
• Ability to operate in a team environment, often working cross functionally with other teams
• Must exhibit an earnest desire to see lost people come to a relationship with Jesus,
continually developing the ability to display this love in action
* Must submit a cover letter with personal photo or family photo
* Must submit a complete CV or Resume
* Send video links to preaching/teaching samples
* Send results to any personality/leadership assessments
* Send 2-3 references and contact information
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org